The Complete Assessment Package is an all-inclusive package for clients who want to eat healthier, lose (or gain) weight or lower their insulin resistance. For those living outside of the Greater Vancouver area, this Package is available by remote (distance) consultation.
The Package includes a one-hour initial appointment to establish dietary goals, collect personal and family medical history, review any recent laboratory tests (blood work, etc.) and conduct a complete food habit and lifestyle review. (For distance consultations, this is done by phone.)
Based on the information collected, an Individual Meal Plan will be designed just for you, factoring in any weight management goals. Meal Plans are not “menus”. For more information on the difference, please visit the link in the box, below.
I offer three different Individual Meal Plan patterns:
(1) Standard Meal Plan which is based on a traditional high carbohydrate, lower fat pattern
(2) as a Low Carb High Healthy Fat pattern
(3) as a Hybrid Meal Plan, which is somewhere in between the Standard and Low Carb High Healthy Fat patterns
For those wishing to follow a Low Carb High Healthy Fat diet, I recommend that you discuss this with your physician first if you take any medications for high blood sugar / Diabetes, high cholesterol and/or high blood pressure (hypertension). Medications often have to be adjusted downward, therefore it is important that you work with your doctor in this regard.
More information on the difference between these types of Meal Plans can be found here: http://www.bbdnutrition.com/2017/06/28/tracking-carbs-instead-of-counting-calories/
After I design your Meal Plan, a second one-hour nutrition education session will take place to review it with you and to teach you simple yet accurate ways to estimate portion sizes, and to answer your questions. (I have years of experience doing this by phone, for those taking services remotely.)
The Complete Assessment Package is available for those who want to eat healthier or lose (or gain) weight and include;
(1) Healthy Adults
(2) Adults with routine clinical conditions such as high blood sugar / Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) and high cholesterol (dyslipidemia)
(3) Pediatric (children and youth between the ages of 6 to 19 years) with or without any of the above routine clinical conditions.
I also offer a
(4) Low Carb High Healthy Fat approach for preventative nutrition or to address any of the above routine clinical conditions. For those with health issues, I recommend that you discuss following a Low Carb High Health Fat diet with your physician first.